Wednesday 3 July 2013

Caring and Sharing Social Media: And a Brand New Page

Totally unnecessary pic
Do you know (leaping right in) as I sit here at my desk at home, ignoring the chores that should really be done all around me, you'll find me in a jovial mood.



Possibly has something to do with the six squares of Dairy Milk I just found in my desk drawer and devoured. Who knows?

Either way I find myself with both time and internet (you don't know how rare that is) to bang a little post out, so to speak and I've been meaning to do just that for quite a while.

Firstly, you may or may not have noticed this but my Intense Debate comment template thingie keeps buggering up and deleting comments from my posts. And I only get like about six comments man!

Aaaand ... I do hate to diss someone or their service but, Intense Debate have not even bothered to reply to any messages I send them let alone sort the problem out.

It's the Comment Luv aspect I enjoy, so if the problem persists I shall get rid and try another one. Any suggestions, fellow bloggers? I even went back on my last post, and re-pasted the comments that were deleted. No honest, those are real comments. I didn't make them up!

Are you a Twitterer? A Tweep? A Tweeter? What's the correct term? Who cares, if you ARE or you are thinking of starting ... please won't you follow me?

Direct huh? I'm just so brazen, it's like I HAVE no self esteem (inserts link HERE to her Favstar 'Best Tweets').

I can't remember when I started Twitter, but I am definitely enjoying it. As those that do will know, there's some very funny people out there and other than promoting posts and keeping up to date with the news, I mostly use my WeezaFish account for having a laugh. And I LOVE how many Twitter friends I have from all kinds of different lives and places.

The news aspect of Twitter is awesome also. I love how instant the news is and how connected you feel with billions of other folk just because they like or share the same things you do. Sorry Twitter, 'Star' and 'Retweet' :)

 Where else would I have discovered the 'real' Alec Baldwin this week?

So go on, whether your a shy newbie (I'll help) or a seasoned Tweeter come say hello. LOVE to see you. This is all about sharing and I do love to share on Twitter too, so let's get our posts all over the world baby! Ahem. I've got a few followers in Canada? India??

Here's another thing that's making me smile, A PAGE! A brand spanking new and shiny page on this very blog has appeared. And it's one that has finally arisen from my dusty drafts having sat there for the last ... several months.

It does explain itself so at the risk of sending you off on a trail of links that you may never return from, PLEASE do check out my new page up there back at the top look or just follow the link to it here: Bloggers Who Read My Blog.

Oh go on, you can go. I actually have no more news. Run along with you, as my Granma used to say.


10 comments:

  1. I follow you on Twitter... In fact, I'd follow you into the Mists of Avalon, if that's what you mean.

    Love u!

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'Mists of Avalon' ... I wasn't planning on going but you make it sound so lovely :) Love you too Valerie! And thanks for following. Although I prefer to think of us as bloggers and Tweeters as side-by-side!

      Delete
  2. I never thought that I would enjoy Twitter--I was on it for like two years with hardly a tweet on it--but I must say that I'm quite addicted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, it is SO addictive hey? I LOVE the news aspect, I read all my news articles via Twitter now. Something happens, news sites post an article within minutes and BAM it's in my feed - it's so friggin instant I love it. And the pals you make, bloggers and otherwise. And the funny folk. Twitter will probably get really big one day huh? :)

      Delete
  3. Aah, you're a giver and no mistake :o) Thanks for the mention on your SPANKING NEW PAGE! So wish I 'got' Twitter (read loads of your tweets and they always make me smile) - but I rather fancy you might be helping me out with that soon anyway *fingers crossed*
    You do realise I now have to go out and buy some Cadbury's Dairy Milk? Dagnammit woman!! Love your perky mood btw xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a pleasure to mention you, you best-friend-commenter you. I so SHALL be helping you with your Twittering soon my lovely, I have a bit of editing to do today actually - keep an eye on your inbox. If I say 'Cadburys Dairy Milk' again in this comment, must you go buy some more? Can't find that a bad thing myself :) I think I'd better text Hubs and tell him I need the same ...

      Delete
  4. Ah!!!! I love you too! How sweet! I love your new page of course! And I am sorry to hear about your blog troubles. I use Wordpress hosted by HostGator. It has been a good relationship so far. And who knew, I keep chocolates in my office too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't we sweet Steph? Glad you love the new page, and thank you for being there. Because it means you've been supporting me lots and I truly appreciate every comment I get. I may as well admit, as the truth is coming out, I tend to eat my bars of chocolate until there's a few squares left (because then I'm not greedy, right?) and then I stash those last squares around the house. Desk drawer, tin in the larder. Always nice to find :)

      Delete
  5. WEEZA! thanks for the love on the NEW PAGE - it is awesome. I am on twitter, but not a lot. after all this time I still have trouble hanging out there and i'm never sure what to say or how to say it? but, you've made me want to give it another go! the "totally unnecessary pic" made me giggle! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Monica, thank YOU for your support on me wee ol' blog here. And for your giggle, always good to know you've made someone laugh. I'm going to keep an eye out for you on Twitter ... Just Tweet lady! Your posts, but also your funny thoughts. You're a funny lady, just tweet what pops into your head :) Bad advice? Don't sue me. Pleeeeease?

      Delete

Come on in, the waters lovely ..