Wednesday 1 February 2012

Perfect Parent ... Real Parent

Perfect Parent ...
Practises the Positive Parenting / Super Nanny approach to discipline. No shouting or smacking, down to child eye level to discuss things calmly.

This Real Parent Right Here ...
Reprimands her eldest for hitting his little brother and wonders if it’s because she lost her temper with him yesterday and smacked his bum.

Perfect Parent ...
Looks hot. She must have got up early to get ready before the kids woke up.

This Real Parent Right Here ...
Yeah right. I’m so tired there’s no chance in hell I’m getting up before the kids rouse me. On a good day I’ll have a quick shower before Hubby leaves the house and I rarely wear make up. I’ve got a make up bag with make up in so old, it would probably bring out an ugly skin condition if I used it.

Perfect Parent ...
Has a family routine, organised and calm kids and spare time to scrap book, bake and learn to Tango.

This Real Parent Right Here ...
Has a vague semblance of a routine, but lives largely in a rushed chaos where bath time, meal time and bedtime are often late. Spare time? Don’t be friggin’ ridiculous.

Perfect Parent ...
Has an immaculate home. The kids have toy boxes and know how to use them.

This Real Parent Right Here ...
My home is predominantly a heck of a lot untidier than I would like. My kids empty their toy boxes out on to the carpet and pretend they're boats or cars.

Perfect Parent ...
Serves freshly prepared (possibly by Woolworths) and healthy food to her Kids every mealtime. Current trends will have her ensuring she prepares (orders) mid fat, low sugar, low glycaemic index carbs, high in Omega 3 and Antioxidants. Fast food a definite no no.

This Real Parent Right Here ...
Good old fashioned family meals with little or no regard for the Omega 3 content. We avoid sugar, but to avoid the sugar rushes it causes as much as for teeth and health reasons. And you only have to check the boys toys to know how we feel about Maccy D Happy Meals.


My kids are bright, clean (mostly), healthy, loved, happy and secure.

Now I should go read a past post of mine to cheer myself up ...

Damn you, Perfect Parent!! For managing to make me feel a bit crap today, even though you're not real.